G'day Dog Lovers,
Today I'm passing on the news about a great new charity - MDBA Pacers.
An initiative of the Master Dog Breeders and Associates, MDBA Pacers is designed to help all domestic animal owners (not just dog owners) when they hit tough times through unexpected personal events or disasters.
From their website:
The singular mission of the MDBA Pacers is to prevent cruelty and neglect to domestic animals by saving domestic animals during disasters and hardship with our rescue, counseling, support, educational and recovery services.
The objectives of the MDBA Pacers are:
• To operate facilities for the care and protection of domestic animals which are orphaned, homeless or needing temporary care due to their owners hardship.
• To prevent cruelty to animals by ensuring domestic animal owners adhere to existing laws at federal and state level by offering them assistance in times of hardship and disaster.
• To reduce the number of homeless domestic animals.
• To develop and promote policies for the humane treatment of domestic animals in times of hardship or disaster that reflect contemporary values and scientific knowledge.
• To educate the community with regard to the humane treatment of domestic animals in times of hardship and disaster preparedness.
• To engage with relevant stakeholders to improve domestic animal welfare to help prevent the impact of personal hardship and disasters.
• To sustain an intelligent public opinion regarding domestic animal welfare in times of hardship and disaster.
• To anticipate potential hardship and disasters and provide management initiatives.
• To offer counseling and support services to owners who are at risk of abandoning or neglecting their animals due to hardship.
I think this charity sounds like a truly excellent idea. To find out how you can help, log on to www.mdbapacers.org.au
Jul 16, 2009
G'day Dog Lovers,