Aug 5, 2009

Pup Swallows 25cm arrow and survives

G'day Dog Lovers,

I've just been reading the story of Betty, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier pup from the UK who has a miraculous tale of survival to share with the world.

Betty somehow managed to swallow a 25cm toy plastic arrow, which became lodged halfway through her body between the oesophagus and small intestine. Emma Watson, the 38-year-old owner of Betty, told the Daily Mail she witnessed Betty coughing and sputtering and took her to the hospital the next day when she became visibly sick.

Veterinary surgeon Chris Pollard performed emergency surgery on Betty to remove the item.
"The X-rays were surprising to say the least. The arrow was so long it virtually ran through Betty's body but it also explained why she was so ill," Mr Pollard told the Daily Mail.

"Considering Betty's size as a puppy, it really is amazing that she managed to swallow a 10.5inch-long arrow."

See the full story and pics here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1204303/Lucky-Betty-Puppy-miraculously-survives-swallowing-10inch-toy-arrow-long-body.html

No comments: